Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaf sweeper

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    I can't praise "Gator" mulching blades enough. I mowed yesterday and the west side of my property is lined with soft maples and other junk trees. We have had several hard freezes so everything is dropping. While I mowed because it needed it the ground was covered with leaves on the tree line. After running over with my mower you could scarcely tell there were ever leaves there. The leaves are pulverized to such small pieces they all but disappear. Look into trying such a blade on your push mower. It won't be fluff in the bag. I run them all the time because the heavy wet grass discharges so much better without clumping.
    Another Gator fan. I have used them on several mowers and they work well on all.

The local Tractor Supply had a Agri-Fab leaf sucker. It must have been at the store for 3 years or more. I got a 15% off coupon and decided to get it. The SKU number on it didn't even work anymore, that's how long it had been there. The price was already $350 less than the current price so I got it for a steal.

It's a boxed trailer and has a 5hp Briggs on the tongue. It works well and doesn't fill up too fast. It doesn't bag the leaves though. But with lots of land I just back up, remove the rear cover and dump the leaves in the woods. It has a flex hose that attaches to the mower deck on my Deere. The only issue is the sound. It's a very low frequency. This year I got some noise cancelling headphones that solved that problem.

These Cub Cadet Extreme blades work some better than the Gator blades for shredding leaves. They have a high lift wing, as well as the shredder/cutter. It seems like they wouldn't shred as well as the Gators, having less shredders, but I think the lift wing helps. The trouble is that the cutting edges don't have the carbide pellets bonding under the bottom of the blade like the Gators do, so they don't last as long between sharpenings. They are also more expensive.

One set came on my mower, and I ordered an extra set when I bought the mower. I'm keeping the second set just for leaves.

The Gator blades work almost as well, but sometimes require an extra pass whereas the Extreme blades clean the ground in one pass, probably due to the lifting wings.

https://pandpsmallengines.com/produc...38058749493441 The $45 is per blade for the 72" deck. Gators are significantly cheaper, but don't come with a 3/4" hole, so I have to drill out ones with 5/8" holes. I mostly run the Gators in spite of having to drill them out.
    Last edited by Tom M King; 11-09-2023 at 5:15 PM.

I have an Agrifab lawn sweeper and it works miracles. It is towed behind my john deer lawn tractor. The sweeper is very thorough with leaves,grass pine needles , and pine cones. I cannot recommend it enough!!. It’s a $150 more than what I paid for it 4 years ago.

https://a.co/d/8vTSaIG

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Konopka View Post
    I have an Agrifab lawn sweeper and it works miracles. It is towed behind my john deer lawn tractor. The sweeper is very thorough with leaves,grass pine needles , and pine cones. I cannot recommend it enough!!. It’s a $150 more than what I paid for it 4 years ago.
    +1. Love mine also ! Just used it today. At 71, it still is easy to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Colombo View Post
    +1. Love mine also ! Just used it today. At 71, it still is easy to handle.
    +2. I don't know if ours is an Agri Fab but other than the color it looks just like it. I think I got it at Tractor Supply. It does a great job on our .95 acre of pine needles and mixed hardwoods. If someone stole it I would buy another one tomorrow.

We had a Cyclone Rake at our last house, but it was several acres of hardwoods. The Cyclone Rake was great. One pass and done. It and the Kubota mower stayed with the property. Wish I had kept both.
    Last edited by Dave Cav; 11-21-2023 at 5:02 PM.

It's been too dry here to shred leaves with the big mower without being inside a dust storm. We have several different cordless leaf blowers but even the strongest one is just for small jobs like getting leaves away from the house so I can shred them with the big mower.

Yesterday we had a light wind from the best direction for blowing leaves, but still not as strong as I like for using the big mower. A heavy rain was expected today, and I wanted to get the yard mostly cleared.

This is the tool for this job. It moves a lot more forceful air than even the largest EGO battery blower. I keep a 100' 14 ga. cord attached to it with a small web of zip ties so the cord stays attached. I cleared about a half acre away from the house yesterday with the help of the light wind. I have piles pushed up with it that I will just push over in the woods with the tractor.

This thing is lighter than the battery blowers, but is a beast and will run as long as you want to run it. I keep the cord on a reel so it's really not that much trouble to use. For a lot in a town, I could get by with this alone.

https://www.amazon.com/TORO-PowerJet...3-0e5c1a776d5d

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000BYBVT...roduct_details