Thread: Spray Paint

Spray Paint

Is it just me? I normally buy Rustoleum because its everywhere and to get my favorite Krylon I have go to Walmart which I hate.

Rustoleum I can never finish the can with out it plugging up at least once. I have tossed many 1/2 cans of the stuff. Yes I know the routine upside down and spray to clean the nozzle, I even save nozzles and clean with acetone and etc.

So anyone with suggestions?
    Last edited by Bill George; 11-02-2023 at 5:51 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Blog Entries
    Our welding supply store has the big, professional cans. They are superior in all ways. Do not forget to retrieve your slingshot ammo and recycle the can.

IMG_1644.jpg
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 11-03-2023 at 9:12 AM. Reason: image
    Best Regards, Maurice

George, nobody shakes these cans for the recommended time. It's impossible. However,, if you set your phone timer for the vigorous shake,...you might be the first
    Kindness Every Day......All Day

To help extend life of rattle cans, I store them on their sides. When stored upright, solids settle to bottom of can where pickup tube is, which means no amount of shaking is going to get rid of the the slug of solids in pickup tube. After soaking nozzle in solvent, and before attaching to can, I will spray carb cleaner backward thru nozzle. This often does the trick of unstopping nozzle. Be sure to wear proper protection, gloves, and glasses. Hard to clean those "spray in any position " cans.

I guess fish oil isn’t what it used to be.

I like to use this
    MixKwik paint can / foam can shaker / reciprocating saw attachment | eBay
    I find the paint sprays better after it is shaken for a while.
    Ron

Do you turn the can upside down and spray to clean out the nozzle? It does help.

BTW I got a can of Rustoleum with a different kind of nozzle. It has 5 different patterns on a rotating nozzle. I haven't found a project to try it on yet.