Thread: Rikon 10-326 fence rail on a 10-325?

Rikon 10-326 fence rail on a 10-325?

I have a Rikon 10-325 with the fence rail that only covers the left side of the table. I'd like to get the longer fence rail from a 10-326 and install it on mine. It seems like I've seen somewhere online that others have done this... but can't find it now.

Has anyone else done this successfully? Does everything line up? I called Rikon customer support and they told me that just buying the rail wouldn't work. They said that I would have to purchase the entire rail and fence assembly for $270. The rail alone sells for $25. This doesn't totally make sense to me...

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by David Shoemaker View Post
    I have a Rikon 10-325 with the fence rail that only covers the left side of the table. I'd like to get the longer fence rail from a 10-326 and install it on mine. It seems like I've seen somewhere online that others have done this... but can't find it now.

Has anyone else done this successfully? Does everything line up? I called Rikon customer support and they told me that just buying the rail wouldn't work. They said that I would have to purchase the entire rail and fence assembly for $270. The rail alone sells for $25. This doesn't totally make sense to me...

Thanks for the help!
    Sorry, haven't done this exact conversion. That said, I'm sure you, like a lot of us here, are pretty good at DIY and for $25 bucks I'd take the risk and see what I could come up with. Maybe it requires a couple of new holes in the side of the table, but that's not insurmountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burnside View Post
    Sorry, haven't done this exact conversion. That said, I'm sure you, like a lot of us here, are pretty good at DIY and for $25 bucks I'd take the risk and see what I could come up with. Maybe it requires a couple of new holes in the side of the table, but that's not insurmountable.
    That's a good point, Michael. I'll probably just go for it.