Thread: Delta Unisaw 34-802

Delta Unisaw 34-802

We made a zero clearance saw insert. I started it up and the blade started to make a loud metallic noise about half way to full RPM then quit after a moment. I started and restarted the saw several times to see if it persisted, which it did.
    I removed the insert and removed some material from the front edge that may have been causing the noise.
    When I tried to start the saw the green start button had remained depressed and the saw would not start.
    I unplugged it and let it sit for a couple of hours while I went out and about. The start button remains depressed.
    I wonder if this is a coincidence and the switch is the problem?
    Please understand I am with little electrical or mechanical ability.

Did you press the stop button?
    -- Jim

Use the right tool for the job.

Sometimes you have to poke the stop button extra hard to get the start button to pop back out, or sometimes a button gets stuck because of a bit of debris or something, and will come loose if you wiggle it a little bit with something sort of pointy, or tap on the side of the switch assembly with a rubber mallet or something.

Yup, smack it. The magnetic switch on my planer does that. I need to repair/replace the magnetic switch since this type of thing is very dangerous.
    Ask a woodworker to "make your bed" and he/she makes a bed.

I didn't look at the breaker close enough. It appeared to be OK. My wife, who covers my tracks, gave it a push and all is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Thompson View Post
    I didn't look at the breaker close enough. It appeared to be OK. My wife, who covers my tracks, gave it a push and all is good.
    Always cycle breakers, off and then back on. Often if they trip you won't see it.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut