Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torit Dust Collector

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    The Torit is a commercial product. 3 phase maybe? I agree that it would be an awesome DC but at the cost of a substantial footprint. I wonder if there are 2 more bags hiding behind the cone. That 2 bag setup seems awfully inadequate for what I would imagine the throughput of that machine is(???).
    It's 4 bags.. just got confirmation from owner.

It's also 12 ft tall, which will poke thru my ceiling. (His motor is hidden in the ceiling) I def will be wanting / needing to install this outside in a lean to. I'm waiting on confirmation from my landlord that I can add this to my building. A local GC told me a header shouldn't be a problem above the piping hole, if worried to simply add the 4x4 angle iron solution above the hole into the shop.

Torit bags.jpg
    Last edited by andrew whicker; 11-02-2023 at 1:27 PM.
    Yes, I have 3 phase!

I just picked up a torrit 20-5 body for 100 bucks put a 15 inch fan and new 5hp 3phase with inverter on it. It can only run 8inch pipe and am looking for a fan curve for this unit. It says it can run 5-11.5inch @1500-2500cfm just wonder what I should expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary franz View Post
    I just picked up a torrit 20-5 body for 100 bucks put a 15 inch fan and new 5hp 3phase with inverter on it. It can only run 8inch pipe and am looking for a fan curve for this unit. It says it can run 5-11.5inch @1500-2500cfm just wonder what I should expect?
    By inverter I think you mean VFD? Did it come with the impeller or you have to find one? With a VFD you have a choice of how fast to run it but generally a 15" impeller at 60hz will be fine using 6" pipe but 7" would be better if you can find it and running it faster use 8" pipe. Using bags it needs to be outside the working place because all bags leak despite what anyone may tell you. A fan curve is not necessary as it won't change anything because you already have the impeller and it will work. If you were sourcing a fan that might be a different story.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

A big three phase dc is a good choice as a add on for a rotary phase converter to up the power available.
    Bill D

I bought one from donaldson it was for that body originally. Yes vfd. I have hepa canister filters 4 at 140sq feet but each one is rated for 700cfm. I was thinking of 8 inch pvc and making my own pie cut elbows and wyes to save thousands. I just want to make sure Im not going to have to redo everything.