Thread: Veritas seconds event

Veritas seconds event

i'm sure most of you already know but Lee Valley is having their Veritas seconds event.
    Sale starts at 12 noon EDT, Oct. 25, 2023

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/lee-...12XOAL,199LR,1

I never seen this before. I'm really looking forward to it. I could use one of their small router planes if they come up in the sale.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Hutchings View Post
    I never seen this before. I'm really looking forward to it. I could use one of their small router planes if they come up in the sale.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

This year was probably the most frustrating for me, but in fairness years past I’ve only grabbed 1 thing and checked out.
    One of the first batch in, took probably no more than a minute and a half to add 4 bench chisels and start the checkout process. By time I hit shipping, the 1/8 was sold out. Had to go back and remove. This time By time I got to payment the 1” was sold out, had to go back and remove. Each step of the way every click took quite a while to process, I’m guessing because of the site load. Made it out with 2 out of 4 items.
    Oh well, gives me something to look forward to next year

I forgot all about it until too late. Which one of you got my small router plane?

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't heard about the event, and I've been shopping around for a new low-angle block plane. Scored one today at 25% off.

A few minutes after 12:00, I logged on and was number 5230 in the que. Got onto the site about 12:15 and by then the planes I was interested in were sold out. Such is life.....

For the first time in forever I got in within about 2 minutes. Having learned the hard way, I paid for my 14tpi dovetail saw right way, and reentered the site. scrolled down and saw they had a combination plane "second" and already sold out. Sigh.
    Also picked up a pair of mortise chisels, 1/4" and 3/8". Enough for this year although the November sale with the discounted gift card will be very useful ......
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Ordered a block plane.

All I wanted was a little flush trim saw (I use an old Marples pull saw right now) but no luck, sold out fast. I guess I'll pay the extra 8.50 for it lol.

You know John, there’s a second event in November for everything other than woodworking tools, and I also look forward to that because it’s the one day Lee Valley discounts their gift cards.
    Great for them, they get money in advance of purchases and great for us, with discounted items during the year.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.