Nice to know about the %APPDATA% thing, I've kinda familiar with it but I didn't know I can just delete files/folders and just let the program start them over! thumbsup.gif

Lately I've been buying older drive-less SFF Dells on eBay for $40 or less, bought 4 so far; picking up 250g PNY SSD drives for around $17, pairs of 8gig memory sticks for around $22, and I have a copy of Win7 Ultimate-64 and several cheap licenses for them-- These computers cost me maybe $85 all in, they fully boot from pressing the ON button in less than 20 seconds, and lightning fast at everything they do. Wonderful for my fiber lasers!

--I have scads of old hard drives laying around, I just reformat and add one to them to store and backup work files...

I have win10 on a laptop, I never use it, can't stand 10. Never tried or seen Win11. I have an old win8 computer, has its original 1gig HD in it, hate it too, so I put a 1g SSD in it and parked it under the table holding up my 50w fiber... It's it's always on no monitor, keyboard or mouse, its only use is it's my network's "save-to" computer. Once a month or so I copy everything on its SSD to its HD as my 'backup system.'

I have several other Win7 computers, an HP laptop that came with Vista Home, I have 2 XP's just because they still work just fine, and I have 98se on an old HP Pavillion so I can run my original DOS version of CasMate and a Win3.1 CasMate Lite tracing programs; Corel's 'trace', Vector Magic, others, they can't hold a candle to the 'just outline the black and be done with it' way Casmate works. I don't much care for newer Windows, or lots of newer software for that matter. Yeah, I'm an old fart too set in my ways! yup.gif