Thread: favorite mini hand tools

favorite mini hand tools

This is a question for those that have used miniature hand tools when woodworking. I've noticed Micro Mark and Lee Valley both have an abundance of hand tools available to do the job. I would like to know what mini tools you have used and what are your favorites? Thanks.

The only mini tools I have are a few tiny Veritas hand planes. I bought them as novelties, rather than to use, but they are absolutely functional and well made. I had a small bronze/brass instrument maker's plane but sold it to another 'Creeker awhile back.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have the Veritas mini block plane. It actually sees some use on small flat work, and does a good job.

I keep eyeballing the mini shooting plane and the mini plow, just because they’re so cool.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Pin vise for small drills.
    BilL D

I too have the Veritas mini block plane. Gets frequent use, especially leveling inlaid stringing and banding.

Not sure if it is a 'mini', but I use a small bull nose plane frequently. Have eyed the small chisel planes for cleaning up corners, etc.

I have the Veritas mini- router plane and use it occasionally on small work where I can't get my large version due to space limitations. Most recently to do hinge. mortises on an assembled small box.

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE
    toothpicks
    Let your hands tell the story of the passion in your heart