Thread: Too much excitement

Blog Entries

Too much excitement

Just took a Jeep tour in Colorado. Two driver errors: busy narrating and hit a road edge washout hard enough have the driver get out and make sure nothing broke, good thing we were all belted in. Then the driver got out to open a gate and failed to put it in park, we started rolling backwards almost a hundred feet down a slope, I had to unbuckle and jump between the seats and land in the drivers seat and hit the brakes. Driver didn’t notice until it was over. Could have ended very badly. And it rained, but the canvas top leaked like a sieve. On the good side the driver was a good narrator being a retired local teacher. Enough excitement for one day. Yes, I notified the owner.
    NOW you tell me...

LOL It's not a Jeep tour without some mishaps and bumpy rides. Being a long-time Jeep owner, I fully expect to get wet while under a canvas top. After battling with my canvas top for years, I finally just went with a bikini top year round and half-doors for the wet winter months and use a shower squeegee for the inside of the windshield. Backwards downhills? Yup. Been there, done that. Twice. Both times involved mechanical repairs and being grateful the hills eventually leveled out instead of ending with a drop off a steep edge! Sounds like you had a great time!
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Blog Entries
    Then the driver got out to open a gate and failed to put it in park, we started rolling backwards almost a hundred feet down a slope
    My wife, Candy, was watching videos a day or two ago of people who got out of their vehicles without setting the parking break and their cars rolling away. Often it ended very badly for the vehicle, structures or other vehicles.

I've have been with people in the midwest who insisted it was proper to never set the parking brake. It doesn't get super cold in my area. My parking brake has never frozen to a point of not being able to release when needed.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Chance in Iowa View Post
    LOL It's not a Jeep tour without some mishaps and bumpy rides. Being a long-time Jeep owner, I fully expect to get wet while under a canvas top. After battling with my canvas top for years, I finally just went with a bikini top year round and half-doors for the wet winter months and use a shower squeegee for the inside of the windshield. Backwards downhills? Yup. Been there, done that. Twice. Both times involved mechanical repairs and being grateful the hills eventually leveled out instead of ending with a drop off a steep edge! Sounds like you had a great time!
    In the spirit of "no pictures, it didn't happen", we need to see pictures of you in a bikini top to believe you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    In the spirit of "no pictures, it didn't happen", we need to see pictures of you in a bikini top to believe you.
    Best I got (You Tube quality)
    NOW you tell me...