Thread: Trotec Speedy300 having troubles with x-axis movement…

Trotec Speedy300 having troubles with x-axis movement…

Hey folks! I’m new and have come here in hopes to get answers to my questions. I recently purchased a used Speedy 300 and it has served me well. I sell on Etsy and orders have skyrocketed. Of course, the laser had to wait until I was in the heat of production to malfunction. This machine is the only way I can get my orders out on time so I’d love any suggestions.

After talking to a Trotec technician a week or so ago, I narrowed a previous problem down to my table not being level. I got that fixed and got back into production. Yesterday , I double checked my table (I’d been in a hurry before) and noticed it needed adjusted barely more. Got that done and got back into production.

Now to the problem…this morning when I went out to work, the table malfunctioned about 4” from the laser head. I tried several different things and it has only gotten worse. Now it won’t even zero without an error code. I contacted Trotec this morning but haven’t heard back. Any ideas are greatly appreciated as my next batch of orders are due to ship out on Wednesday.

Thanks in advance!

Marley

I'm a bit confused by your post. You say you're having x axis issues but it appears to me that you have Z axis issues. I'm guessing that your table adjustment is out of alignment and that it is binding in that position. I'm guessing that the table has been raised into the motion mechanism forcefully causing your issue.

I've had good luck with Trotec tech support so that's what I would suggest here.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Check the belt and cogs that are linking each side of the table. It’s possible a cog or belt is slipping resulting in an uneven table. Also the only error relevant to what you are saying would be a limit switch is hit. If you need help meeting your deadline let me know!

Chase

Good point on the limit switch. The older models had a switch that was exposed and could be knocked out of alignment without realizing it.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

ditto check the belts and COGS-- one loose cog and that lead-screw not moving right will bind up the whole works... And a loose cog screw is a very good reason why the table would be out of level in the first place...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle