Thread: Did you know that Infinity Cutting Tools has some real interesting history?

Did you know that Infinity Cutting Tools has some real interesting history?

I was out on their site looking at their undersized plywood router bits. I have not purchased from them and was curious about the company.

Really interesting- https://www.woodworkersjournal.com/v...tool-heritage/
    Rich

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Konopka View Post
    I have not purchased from them and was curious about the company.
    Very interesting article!

I have purchased several things from them over the years, and I'm very happy with their products.

This just makes me feel better, knowing that I am supporting a family business.

I have a number of pieces of tooling that carry the Jessada name from "back in the day". While I was aware of some of the history, that article did fill in a few things, particularly about earlier than Jessada came into being.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Very interesting aarticle, thanks
    And if this kind of thing interests you, here is an article about Freud Carbide (and why I'm a Freud guy)
    https://www.woodworkersjournal.com/v...cturing-plant/

On a visit to my mom in St. Pete back in the 90s, I drove over to the tool place in Oldsmar. I believe it had just switched from CMT to Jesada. They made all their own tooling then and offered tours of their manufacturing facility. It was quite something watching those 5-axis machines carve router bit bodies from tool steel blanks, see the carbide sintered on to the body and then sharpened and polished. It took about 10 minutes from the blank to the finished, white-coated bit.
    -- Jim

Use the right tool for the job.

Being a local to them, I've bought quite a number of things from Infinity, and even took a class there once. Nice people. Even nicer to be able to get an item the same day with a not too long drive.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Love stuff like this. Plus, as a side benefit, it helps me organize my router bit drawers. Now putting the Jesada and CMT bits in with the Freuds, Amanas, etc. They will not get used on MDF etc.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

The article was interesting but I am not an Infinity fan. I got my Colliflower zero clearance plate from them and I like it. But I got a table saw blade set and the rip blade, instead of being a normal flat top blade, is a triple grind and my 1.75 PCS will nearly not cut with it. I don't remember they described it with the unusual grind. The combination blade is usable but nothing special. The router bits have been similar, usable but nothing special. I would buy something like the Colliflower from them again, something I can't get elsewhere, but not much else. The are totally reputable but I think there are better sources for most items. Now if I lived close to one of their stores, I would feel different.

They're about 20 minutes from my shop and I've been to their warehouse a few times. I have several of their router bits, a miter saw blade, planer blades, and a router coping sled. Everything I've used has been good quality.

The service also has been great. They have a nice woodshop in the back of the warehouse and the guy there is knowledgeable and friendly. He has several videos showcasing the various bits and accessories they sell and how to set them up and use them. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase anything from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Konopka View Post
    I was out on their site looking at their undersized plywood router bits. I have not purchased from them and was curious about the company.

Really interesting- https://www.woodworkersjournal.com/v...tool-heritage/
    Cool Story. I have bought Infinity and CMT stuff. I like it

I love their router bits, they are the first place I look when I need a bit.
    If I had a complaint, it would be recently the really ramped up their email schedule, I get one in the morning and another in the afternoon, daily. It’s no trouble to delete, but it does add to the clutter