Thread: Amazon's Tracking - HA,HA,HA!

Amazon's Tracking - HA,HA,HA!

Have an order that is supposed to be delivered on Monday. Last night just before eleven PM EDT(Sept 13th,) tracking showed package had been picked up by carrier (Amazon) at 1:18 AM on Sept 14th. Even if package was picked up in Maritime time zone, it wouldn't have been 1:18 AM yet. So much for believing Amazon's tracking. Ha,Ha, Ha!

MOST of the time it is pretty accurate. More than once I have checked the tracking and seen it was delivered, went outside and there it was and saw the truck driving away. But it's not perfect, recently we had two orders that said delivery next week, the next day tracking indicated they had not shipped yet but heard the doorbell and both items were there. Just checked my account and it says one item, which was delivered over a week ago is running late and is now expected between Sept 15th and 23rd. Maybe I should cancel the order and request a refund?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Have an order that is supposed to be delivered on Monday. Last night just before eleven PM EDT(Sept 13th,) tracking showed package had been picked up by carrier (Amazon) at 1:18 AM on Sept 14th. Even if package was picked up in Maritime time zone, it wouldn't have been 1:18 AM yet. So much for believing Amazon's tracking. Ha,Ha, Ha!
    Yes, a great company that’s faster than Santa ,and just as jolly ! Glad they made you so happy ! They KNOW when you need a day
    brightener ! A friend of ours got his expectorant faster than he expected ! What a nice clever surprise !

Whats the problem? Africa is ahead of the new world by 8 hours or more. With no locations given impossible to tell. Not all states or countries use day light savings time.

Might help if you state your location,. You can log in and get it so it shows every time you post. You are in Guinea Bissau aren't you?
    BillD

I have had good luck with Amazon shipping until recently. There have been two orders which are now days late and seem lost. I tried to cancel but Amazon will not do it as they say the orders shipped. There shipping tracker shows no progress.

I reordered different items which said same day delivery and got them OK.

Sometimes the tracking is made up as they go and has no bearing on where its really at. Try the chat or phone call and that helps at times.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
    I have had good luck with Amazon shipping until recently. There have been two orders which are now days late and seem lost. I tried to cancel but Amazon will not do it as they say the orders shipped. There shipping tracker shows no progress.
    I recently had an Amazon shipment that was three or four days late. Tracking shows it made it to the delivery station about ten miles from me and then Amazon started sending me emails about the package being late. The emails stated that after two to three days I could request a refund. I figured the package was lost, but it eventually made it. I made two other orders since then that arrived just fine and I have two orders out for delivery and another order supposed to arrive today.
    Last edited by Brian Elfert; 09-15-2023 at 9:50 AM.

We purchase a lot through Amazon and 99% of the time, the tracking is not only accurate but we often get packages early. The few times they are delayed from an expected delivery, we get a notification. Now we live in a major metropolitan area with multiple Amazon distribution centers and that absolutely kicks things up a notch for sure as the vast majority of Amazon deliveries are on Amazon contractors' vans rather than the traditional carriers like USPS and UPS.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

EVer since being made a Vine Voice I get multiple packages from Amazon a day. I would say that their estimate on what day it'll show up is in the high 90s percentile range. I'm nowhere near a warehouse so nothing is same day. Usually it UPS that's at fault. Often it'll get picked up on time, get close (usually a state away) and then sit at that location for a day or two. But I'm not a prime member so I don't get preferred shipping (I don't think it's two day anymore).

If everything in the world ran as well as my experience with Amazon tracking and delivery, the world would be better place. BTW, I'm ~110 miles from the nearest Amazon warehouse.

Package arrived today, a day early. Now I have finish rehabbing a couple of wheelbarrow rims, derusting, and painting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Package arrived today, a day early. Now I have finish rehabbing a couple of wheelbarrow rims, derusting, and painting.
    Great, my package which arrived three weeks ago (two weeks early), still shows it is running late.

I think I mentioned this before. I found a box of doughnuts in the street about four feet from the curb and one foot rearward of the neighbor's car rear bumper. I placed them on her front porch on a table for packages. Turns out that spot on the pavement was where doordash had delivered. Not even inside the sidewalk.
    Bill D