Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
Agreeing with the idea that trends are not bad in and unto themselves. Bikinis, Mini-skirts, pineapple cuts, Members-Only Jackets, and Lucchese boots were all very cool during their "trend window". Some survived, some did not. Mid-Century-Modern, Rustic, Reclaimed, Queen Anne, all have a cold place in my heart. MCM because I grew up with it. Probably the same reason I prefer not to use red oak or birch. Curlicues, swam-necks, and excessive fluting all live in the "I'd rather not" box in my brain.

I was lucky enough to be raised by a couple who took the kids on Sunday drives just to go look at house and building architecture, historic sites in the area, sculpture in the park, or the latest interactive display at the Science and Industry Museum. End result is that I have a wide range of things that I like. Over time I have also learned that I like some of them more than others. I also learned that there are more people who have a different opinion than mine than there are people who share mine and that's OK. Keeps ya humble . . .

This describes my thoughts on this.....to each his own.
Jim