Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will a 4hp Harvey saw trip a 20amp 220v breaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Inami View Post
    Hey Doug - Please let us know where the Harvey spec calls for a 30 amp circuit. I cannot find any reference to this. The Harvey specification for the motor shows this:

4 HP, 230 V, 1 PH, 16 A

This is well within the capability of a standard 240v 20A circuit. Also, the saw power cord comes with a 6-20P plug, which is a 20A standard plug and can only plug into a 6-20 outlet (again, a 20A outlet).
    Aaron
    It is in the instructions for the saw. I do think it will be ok on a 20 amp but based on what I read when I got the saw, I went with 30 amp just to be sure.
    Here is the page I am referring to:

IMG_0181.jpg

I was also annoyed by the moving target pricing. I actually wrote an email to the company asking about the practice and got an email in return offering me a substantially lower price is the manufacturer head office.
    Give it a try.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Just ordered the saw yesterday! I went with the 3hp, 36"cut width, and just the cast iron top. Got it for a good price. Finally getting rid if this Grizzly that has tried to kill me. Glad to finally have a riving knife and good dust collection.

Congrats ! You will love the saw 😃😃

Nice. They make great stuff. Did you pickup any accessories?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burnside View Post
    Nice. They make great stuff. Did you pickup any accessories?
    Nothing too crazy, just got a the zero clearance insert and the thin riving knife. I will likely order the cast iron router table extension when they are back in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mayer View Post
    Nothing too crazy, just got a the zero clearance insert and the thin riving knife. I will likely order the cast iron router table extension when they are back in stock.
    Awesome! I'm thinking long and hard about adding their crossuct sled to my SawStop PCS. I like their use of the micro adjust knobs on the stops.