Thread: 1/16" cast acrylic

1/16" cast acrylic

Does anyone have a source for 1/16" colored cast acrylic? I've found a few places that sell extruded and some that sell clear.....but I'm looking for black and opaque white. I have a small sheet of both that I had purchased a few years ago, but there is no marking on the masking to indicate where I got it.....so I know SOMEONE sells it.

Thanks!
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    Does anyone have a source for 1/16" colored cast acrylic? I've found a few places that sell extruded and some that sell clear.....but I'm looking for black and opaque white. I have a small sheet of both that I had purchased a few years ago, but there is no marking on the masking to indicate where I got it.....so I know SOMEONE sells it.

Thanks!
    Houston Acrylic seems to have some that might be what you are looking for: https://houstonacrylic.com/collections/1-16-acrylic
    Epilog Fusion Pro 48 - 120 Watt
    OMG Laser 60W JPT MOPA Fiber
    Mimaki UJF-6042MkII e UV Printer

Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Tony, I think it definitely was Delvies where I got them before.....thanks!

Steve, it looks like Houston does have some, but only in one odd size.....12" x 19".
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Tony, I think it definitely was Delvies where I got them before.....thanks!

Steve, it looks like Houston does have some, but only in one odd size.....12" x 19".
    I looked at Delvies too, but they don't seem to have anything but clear in 1/16". As for the odd size of 12" x 19" - That's Glowforge size, as that's the market they cater to mostly. You might contact them and see if they can provide custom cut sizes though.
    Epilog Fusion Pro 48 - 120 Watt
    OMG Laser 60W JPT MOPA Fiber
    Mimaki UJF-6042MkII e UV Printer

Blog Entries
    While not the cheapest place, McMaster Carr carries lots of Cast Acrylics. I have to use them for a 5/32" (3mm) sheet that no one else carries. Customer HAS to have that thickness......
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Does anyone have a source for 1/16" colored cast acrylic? I'm looking for black and opaque white.
    Thanks!
    What is the intended use.

JDS sells impact modified acrylic sheet 1/32, 1/16, 1/8 in 50 colors....

SKU: L-010-106 - 24" x 49" x 1/16" Black Duets ADA Substrate Plastic also 12x24 quarter sheets (Q)

Last edited by Mark Sipes; 08-26-2023 at 2:52 PM.
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw