Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SawStop Throat Plate

I did look them up and maybe didnt get it but didnt see too much fancy stuff did see some handle type thing I wasnt sure about. First table saw ive seen with something more complicated than others. Baltic birch works well for other saws if it can be found.

For the visual learner, Sawmill Creeker Steven Woodward has a great YT piece on making SS throat plates: https://youtu.be/PGWh1nq3wJ0

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    Making a SawStop plate out of plywood is not the trivial task it is with most saws. There are recesses machined into the bottom side that complicate things.
    IIRC there was an article in FWW that laid out all the complications and included a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by James Jayko View Post
    IIRC there was an article in FWW that laid out all the complications and included a plan.
    I was able to get the Fusion360 cad files and generate a new setup, adding set screws, etc, within Vcarve Pro. It’s not terribly difficult after that to carve your own. I have found that planing after milling is the best way to ensure a flush fit.

That said, if you don’t care about being able to use the full blade, the voids are not explicitly necessary and you could fashion up a flat piece of stock and call it good.

I just picked up a new sawstop plate for 33 bucks at woodcraft yesterday. It is most likely warped.

My bad. It was $39

Blog Entries
    Still a good deal. $59 on Woodcraft website
    Tim in Hill Country of Texas