Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Household item plans website(s)?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Winners View Post
    I ordered some bumper feet from Lee Valley. They are blah blah elastomer blah blah, 'superior to rubber feet in every way.'
    I am happy with the elastomer whatever feet from Lee Valley. I placed four under a scrap of plywood last night, using #6 by 1/2 inch screws, and then set the food processer up on the plywood platform. I sloshed a good bit of water onto the countertop underneath, and then came by a couple or three times to slide the whole shebang around in the puddle. I do have a dry ring on the countertop now from minerals in the water, but no marring of the countertop from the Lee Valley feet. In a year or so I will plan to bump this thread with any further observations. If I had it to do over I would have ordered all 3/4" diameter feet. I don't have a clue what I am going to do with the dozen 1/2" diameter feet I bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Runau View Post
    We downsized in 2005, bought our last fixer upper. Actually did the landscape and windows first. Landscape takes longer to mature, and inside changes are quicker. Smaller yard, smaller house, lower taxes, less to clean, lower utilities, etc.. Last project is new wood floors in living room we put off due to covid. Good luck. Brian
    Thanks Brian. Once the trades are out and we are listed we will start looking at properties again. At my age I am personally not in the mood for a fixer upper. I am at about 65 degrees North latitude. I am willing to look at properties up to 10, maybe 15 years old. And empty lots. Most of the housing stock in Fairbanks was built between 1975 and 1985, or earlier. From the PGH - Pretty Good House - perspective, exterior water management in Fairbanks leaves a lot to be desired, and as our winters up here get more and more mild, the shortcoming becomes glaring. I haven't seen -40dF on the sign at the bank morning after morning on my AM commute since some time in the pandemic.

If we end up with an empty buildable lot we are going to camp on it, repeatedly, to figure out where we want the master bedroom to be. Then we will bring in some foundation contractors to be sure we aren't being stupid, and then plant the berry bushes before we break ground.