Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNC router help near Poughkeepsie NY

Avid does make a 2x2 bench top cnc router, but pretty expensive and most likely not an entry level machine for someone just starting out. I would take Jim's recommendations for the two he mentioned above.

David

avid 2x2.jpgavid 2x2 1.jpg

Blog Entries
    Jim. Do you think there would be someone on the Creek that has something that would work for me. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Grauer View Post
    Jim. Do you think there would be someone on the Creek that has something that would work for me. Just a thought.
    Charles - if you are asking about purchasing a used cnc machine from someone here, then I would suggest you might do well to check the Classified section of the forum.

David

David is correct...the only place to look for a used machine here would be in the Classifieds with a WTB ad which you have access to as a Contributor. In general, used CNC machines worth their salt sell very quickly, however, and they do hold their value. The benefit of a new machine is warranty and support, so if the cost of pre-owned is closer to new than not, the better choice might be new. I just checked on Camheads (the Camaster user forum site) and there are no used small machines currently listed.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...