Thread: How is there? from Tokyo

How is there? from Tokyo

How is there? from Tokyo

It was 40°C at Suburbs of Tokyo yesterday.
    https://youtu.be/e2qNTIBFau0

It's not too bad here, about 32°C (90°F). But glad I have air conditioning.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

103 F in Oklahoma today and tomorrow. Projected low 80 F.
    I guess going to Tokyo wouldn't help me cool off.
    Bob V.

Ah...today it was a balmy 42C (108F).
    By the weekend we shall (again) enjoy our summer-y temps of 46C (115F)... :-p
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Blog Entries
    Near to Patty Phoenix, Arizona broke a record with 31 days of temps of 110ºF (43.33ºC) or higher for 31 days. It was ended by a day with a high temp of 108ºF (42.2ºC).

Here in the Pacific Northwest we have had some days around 90ºF (32.2ºC) Mostly it has been in the low 80s or mid 70s Fahrenheit (24 - 26º C).

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Near to Patty Phoenix, Arizona broke a record with 31 days of temps of 110ºF (43.33ºC) or higher for 31 days. It was ended by a day with a high temp of 108ºF (42.2ºC).

Here in the Pacific Northwest we have had some days around 90ºF (32.2ºC) Mostly it has been in the low 80s or mid 70s Fahrenheit (24 - 26º C).

jtk
    Right-o Jim...I'm in Mesa next door (so to-speak) to Phoenix and Mr Santos is also close by (unless he has somewhere he escapes to in the summer).
    That 31 days was continuous. We've a had a few sub 110 deg days just recently, but beginning Friday or Saturday the temps again start climbing above 110.
    I predict that Phoenix and it's environs will experience a total of.....48 days of 110 and higher for the summer of 2023 (record is 53 days in 2020 IIRC).

Jim... what is typical dew point this time of year where you are?
    Last edited by Patty Hann; 08-04-2023 at 6:27 AM.

Blog Entries
    Jim... what is typical dew point this time of year where you are?
    Looks to be in the mid to high 50s.

This week's forecast from > https://www.wunderground.com/forecas...ew/KWALONGV104

10 Day Forcast 8•3•23.png

Sometimes we don't know about rain until George the cat comes in and is wet.

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 08-03-2023 at 2:33 PM. Reason: Sometimes we don't know…
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Looks to be in the mid to high 50s.

This week's forecast from > https://www.wunderground.com/forecas...ew/KWALONGV104

10 Day Forcast 8•3•23.png

Sometimes we don't know about rain until George the cat comes in and is wet.

jtk
    So foggy mornings are not unusual....
    I don't do humidity very well. I don't do 115 very well either, but by mid October temps are nice again.

Blog Entries
    8.8 / 48 In Grafton NH this morning. I cooked coffee and oatmeal on the wood stove rather than the spirit burner. I used my new Silky Made In Japan saw for the first time. A little exercise to warm up. It is an amazing tool!
    C3F88920-84D4-415B-B4AE-EAB154E41B4B.jpg

I can't describe how wonderful the weather felt in Bar Harbor, Maine after our summer of heat indexes in the 105-110°F range in Tampa. The high there was 82°F, but with no humidity it was awesome.

When we got back and stepped out into the parking lot at the airport (at night, mind you) it felt like we were hit in the face.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

When it's 115-118 here...like standing in front of a blast furnace.
    However, as I tell people who ask why I moved here: "Every summer I wonder why I moved here... and every winter I remember why."
    And the bonus is: if I want to experience snow, I drive a few hours (3 at most to Flagstaff or the White Mountains ... often only 90 minutes to Payson), and when I'm tired of it, I drive back to the valley (70F days, 40F night, on average).
    Last edited by Patty Hann; 08-08-2023 at 9:28 AM.

Brief pre-dawn snow squall yesterday at our house, but beautiful, clear 70F (21C) day followed.
    IMG_0034.jpg
    Photo (in case anyone needs ‘citation’).
    Last edited by Malcolm McLeod; 08-08-2023 at 3:20 PM. Reason: Photo … I hardly believed it either.