Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Building Uninterruptible Power Supply for Medication Fridge

The Waggle can be set to a temperature range of -4F to 140F, so 36F-46F would be well within range, but not familiar with a medical fridge, I assume you would have to put the Waggle device inside the fridge and therefore, I would be a little concerned about the cell signal that could be sent from inside the fridge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ChrisA Edwards; 08-15-2023 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    The Waggle can be set to a temperature range of -4F to 140F, so 36F-46F would be well within range, but not familiar with a medical fridge, I assume you would have to put the Waggle device inside the fridge and therefore, I would be a little concerned about the cell signal that could be sent from inside the fridge.
    Thanks, Chris. Looks very useful, but wouldn't work for my particular application. Nice to know about it, though. Also not sure about a cell signal inside a fridge. I might throw my cell phone in there for kicks to see if it answers a call. Of course, during a blackout with potentially no cell service and no internet...
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Blog Entries
    An interesting thread. I and several of my clients have situations where the home sewer is dependent on a pump. My backup is a battery bank and inverter. I have not solved the automatic need as my inverter’s solid state on switch is also the reset and requires a manual touch. Rather than getting inside the inverter and redesigning the circuit I am buying a ready made unit that will control the transfer, maintain the battery bank, and create the AC. Pump Spy or one like it.
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 08-16-2023 at 4:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    An interesting thread. I and several of my clients have situations where the home sewer is dependent on a pump. My backup is a battery bank and inverter. I have not solved the automatic need as my inverter’s solid state on switch is also the reset and requires a manual touch. Rather than getting inside the inverter and redesigning the circuit I am buying a ready made unit that will control the transfer, maintain the battery bank, and create the AC. Pump Spy or one like it.
    That was one of the reasons we got the generator at our previous residence...no power meant both no water and no septic because the latter had to pump up the hill. (although there was certainly some leeway for shorter outages since the pump tank was 500 gallons and normally at a relatively low level) Here at the "new" place, water is similar since we have a well, but we do have public sewer. But Alan's need is certainly more critical than water and septic in most aspects!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Alan's need is certainly more critical than water and septic in most aspects!
    For sure! Good job well done Alan!