Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shop Bot CNC

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mike Klafehn View Post
    I just purchased the same unit as yours. I am such a novice on the customs and shipping side. Manuf will provide shipping to US and Chicago, but not sure on the customs. How did you handle customs? Do you know the HTS# for this machine. How much were the taxes and duty? I am excited about bringing this unit in.
    I forget the HTS number, but customs was only $450 as they wrote me a low value invoice for customs purposes. Port fees and warehouse fees were higher, about $2000 total. They should have (or will) given you the warehouse company and you contact them directly and work out the fees. I picked it up directly. If you are having it shipped to you, then your shipping or logistics company will do some of this for you. If you don’t have a company. I recommend Arthur at Total Quality Logistics. Ahruska@tql.com

Bringing it in

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Joseph Rogers View Post
    I don’t have a picture, but they are designed to be plumbed to 2” pvc and I placed them outside the shop with plumbing inside that runs up under the CNC bed and put an outlet port on the side of my machine to connect a vacuum hose. I also wired the switch remotely on the CNC control cabinet so I can turn it on and clean the spoilboard in between sheets.
    How did you handle customs? Do you know the HTS# for this machine. How much were the taxes and duty? I am excited about bringing this unit in.

Thank you for the reply. I'm sure a 2x4 machine would do most of the work I have planned for it but I want to be able do make MFT festool tops and they are larger than 24" wide. I have looked at the Camasters as I'm un able to buy a Shopsabre do to a past issue with them. Would like the 23 from them again. I did not know able the different V roller system of the shop bot. Also put a door in it to cut a scene on it. Looking like a Avid it looking like the best one.

Dan, there are a few SR-44 Camasters (49x49) listed in the Camheads classifieds at present. I don't know their status, however. That's the only way to get a smaller Stinger at this point that's not 2'x4' as the 4x4 and 4x8 Stingers have migrated to the Panther line going forward.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...