Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attaching a auxiliary table to a unifence

I have a 1993 Unisaw with the 52" (?) Unifence table. The Unifence is, I think, the older style and was an option on the saw, a Jet Lock fence was still standard.

The table is skirted on all four sides with lightweight 1 1/2" angle. There is an 1/8" thick strap between the saw table and the wooden table, with attachments for the wood. On the other end is a two legged square tubing setup with adjustable feet. There is also a shelf underneath. The whole thing is solid enough to sit on.

I have cut mine down to about 32', but still retain the same shortened structure underneath, and it houses a PC 690 router setup for quick roundovers, etc.

Historical note: I paid $1831 for it in 1993, including tax and the optional fold down outfeed table.

I have the manual for the saw and for the table and shelf. The table/shelf setup is part number 34-998, the Unifence is 34-897, and the part number for the manual is 422-27-655-0007. My manual is dated 12-1-92.

Hopefully you can download the manual.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by David Micalizzi View Post
    Bill, I have a unifence too and want to build a small infeed table for a miter gauge or panel sled, something similar to what Izzy Swan came up with for saws with a Biesemeyer type front rail. I haven’t got around to it yet but thought I would use the t slot in the front or the one underneath the front rail that holds the stop for repeated cuts to hold a bolt and go from there. Probably not the complete solution you’re looking for but food for thought anyway.
    I have a you tube video about that.

https://youtu.be/BCgwZfl7OHo?si=2xTOEqzhpO6QQP_3
    Charlie Jones

I have a casr iron version of that miter slot extension which Delta made to fit a Unifence rail - rare I suspect.

In retrospect there is a much easier way to bolt, the fence to the table top. Do not use bolts, instead screw in 3/8" studs about 2" long into each captive nut. Then position it into place and add washers and nuts from the backside of the tabletop apron. Of course this supposes you have drilled the back of the fence at the correct locations for each nut.
    Bill D

Just watched your Youtube video. Well done Sir. Thanks Mike O'Keefe