Thread: Incra LS Positioner Right Angle Fence

Blog Entries

Incra LS Positioner Right Angle Fence

Hi, I have had an Incra LS Positioner Ultra for many years. Admittedly I don't do a lot of dovetails, but when I do it is almost like going thru the initial learning curve all over. My biggest frustration is the right angle fence and the hold down mechanism or should I say lack of one. Incra recommends using a hand screw clamp to hold stock down while running thru the bit. I have found that to be problematic at times because just a few thousandth off can cause a gap in the dovetail fit.

Has anyone come up with a successful solution for clamping to this fence vs the hand screw? Open to all ideas. Or is there a sled someone has built that serves the same purpose? TIA
    Tim in Hill Country of Texas

You might get an idea from looking at my DIY box joint/dovetail jig that operates just like the LS positioner. In particular, the clamping mechanism makes it easy to clamp the board(s) without jiggling it(them) out of position. You might be able to jury rig such a clamp on your unit. FYI, my jig uses a threaded rod and a half-nut that engages/releases from the rod via the red handled latching clamp seen in the picture.I use templates like the LS positioner does.PXL_20230121_185932769(1).jpg