Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta DJ-20 retaining screws

Maybe he should buy the whole head.
    It could be the head is balanced with that particular set of gibs
    Aj

Quote Originally Posted by joe maday View Post
    There is a dj-20 complete head ...gibs, screws, blades on ebay right now
    Thanks for the follow up. I have the jointer up and running now. I'll probably just buy replacement screws from Grizzley for the next time I change knives. If I were going to replace the head, it would be with a jointer planer combo!

What is so special about these screws that you can not just replace them all at once to keep it balanced? I would buy quality usa made screws. Most china made screws are garbage with no material or heat treat controls. I have had china made steel screws that are not magnetic!
    Bill D

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    What is so special about these screws that you can not just replace them all at once to keep it balanced? I would buy quality usa made screws. Most china made screws are garbage with no material or heat treat controls. I have had china made steel screws that are not magnetic!
    Bill D
    . Yes, that is definitely worth looking in to. I am sure the size and thread are standard. The head is low profile to fit in the slot for the gib and rounded where it bears against the cutterhead. To be honest, with this new wrench I have cut, the fit is very snug and I can most likely just keep using the originals. I am more than suspicious about anything coming out of China and double when it comes to stuff that can hurt me!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    AFAIK The dj20 was never made in North America. First made in Taiwan then Brazil. Just possible that Taiwan made machines could use english size hardware in the early 1970's. Doubtful for a machine never designed to be made in the USA.
    Bill D
    I think it was the other way around. Invicta made the DJ-15, DJ-20 and RJ-42 not sure about DJ-30. They are a Brazilian company so I would assume they started in Brazil and switched to Taiwan for obvious reasons. Either way, great machines.

Easy enough to grind down the head of some bolts. they recommend to fine sand/polish the head of the factory bolts so they are very smooth. Otherwise they can catch and lift the gibs.
    Bill D