Thread: WTB Stanley 45 Cutters, etc

WTB Stanley 45 Cutters, etc

Hello!

I have a Stanley 45 with most parts, but without cutters. I think I could fabricate some, but I wanted to tap into this community first and see if I could do better than ebay.

Some plow cutters would be most useful, then a 3/4 tounge, lastly some small beads would be fun, it needs a center skate depth stop, but I may make that.

I just figured I'd ask around before I end up with a Stanley 45 junkyard on my hands!

Regards,
    Ben

Record combination plane cutters will fit it too. It's hard to beat ebay for finding parts and cutters.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Record combination plane cutters will fit it too. It's hard to beat ebay for finding parts and cutters.
    The pin on the Record plane may have been a hair smaller than on the Stanley. The record cutter in my accumulation often needed a little filing on the notch to let the Stanley pin fit.

As far as ebay goes if you can purchase a complete set it will likely save you a bit.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Thanks everyone, appreciate the advice

I’ve bought reproduction blades from St James Bay Tool Company and they’ve worked well. There’s another guy on YouTube “Just Plane Fun” that sells parts, but I have never dealt with him.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Halter View Post
    I’ve bought reproduction blades from St James Bay Tool Company and they’ve worked well. There’s another guy on YouTube “Just Plane Fun” that sells parts, but I have never dealt with him.

Dave
    Michael Jenks. He's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Johnson View Post
    Michael Jenks. He's great.
    I found out about MJ and ordered a few cutters from him, I have some straight plow blades also roughed in out of O1 tool steel which I need to harden