Blog Entries

Anybody want some magazines.?

I have :
    17 Fine woodworking
    7 Shopsmith
    6 Woodcraft
    3 Miscellaneous magazines

If anyone wants ALL of them,
    they can have them for the cost of postage.

The stack is about 5" tall by 9 wide by 11 long.
    Dennis

I hope you get some interest in your magazines. In my experience, typically nobody wants old magazines anymore. Not even libraries or charity stores are interested. But sometimes you can find someone who does want them.

The postage will not be cheap.
    < insert spurious quote here >

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    They might fit in large flat rate shipping boxes. I took a box to the USPS to ship. Talking to the person at the counter I mentioned an old flat rate box they dropped many years ago. They said, this can still go flat rate and pulled out a plastic flat rate envelope and shoved my box in it and taped it up and off it went.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    On the contrary - this would qualify for USPS media mail which is dirt cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Geltz View Post
    On the contrary - this would qualify for USPS media mail which is dirt cheap.
    AAMOF this doesn't qualify.

Media Mail packages may not contain advertising.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by William Lessenberry View Post
    AAMOF this doesn't qualify.

Media Mail packages may not contain advertising.
    I believe this means advertising specifically- like if you were sending fliers out to potential clients. It doesn’t mean a magazine that happens to also have ads in it. Magazines qualify for media mail. The only thing is that media mail is ssssssllllllooooowwww.

Blog Entries
    Magazines are gone, I donated them to the library
    Dennis

Years ago I had a mess of Hot Rod and Car Craft magazines to sell. The local PO would not allow me to ship via media mail due to the advertising in the magazines.Lost some sales that way.
    BillL

I think the local USPS folks all interpret things differently. I have mailed books, magazines, etc. without questions. I have also mailed tools in a padded flat rate envelope without question, but have had sellers of tools that got refused at the PO after I suggested a tool be mailed to me in a flat rate envelope.

Left click my name for homepage link.

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE
    Gives the term GOING POSTAL a whole different meaning ...maybe
    calabrese55
    Let your hands tell the story of the passion in your heart

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    I think the local USPS folks all interpret things differently. I have mailed books, magazines, etc. without questions. I have also mailed tools in a padded flat rate envelope without question, but have had sellers of tools that got refused at the PO after I suggested a tool be mailed to me in a flat rate envelope.
    Yes, it may be at the discretion of the individual P.O. or even the individual employee. Some people have no idea how to pack something soon to be handled by multiple people who are all "a bit Postal."

I've received flat rate envelopes where it was only good fortune that the tool arrived. It was one of the heavy paper envelopes and the tool, a rabbet shave, had started working a hole in one corner in what appeared to be an escape attempt.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Yes, it may be at the discretion of the individual P.O. or even the individual employee. Some people have no idea how to pack something soon to be handled by multiple people who are all "a bit Postal."

jtk
    SWMBO collected 'art pottery' and glass art objects. You wanna talk about packing. She got to where when she got a package she'd first shake it gently. If it rattled, time to get the camera out. It was the shipper's problem but she had to document the damage and usually inadequate packaging.