Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more hot dogs can be saved

more hot dogs can be saved

nother system and more detailed testing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqbCzHVUTw8

Blog Entries
    Interesting. Their system is camera based. Felder's is capacitive based. I wonder what the advantages/disadvantages are of those two systems.

Mike

It seems to me that, at some point, just removing the human hand from the system would be the simpler solution.

I assume the optical system will not misfire due to damp wood or staples. Might have issues cutting plastic and cardboard with lots of static cling dust in the air and coating the lens.
    Bill D

I think it’s German technology so technically it would be saving Bratwursts.
    Aj

Rarely have those but a treat when I do. Below is another with more history. Saw another you tube compared their tech to others and looks like this is the most advanced way to do it.

Few days on a tired older slider, so far its great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfbuCe_T2CM&t=726s

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hughes View Post
    Brauts smothered with Vidalia onions on a toasted pretzel bread bun...washed down with some good brew - - heaven on Earth!

Sorry - I'm a bit hungry and breakfast has to wait on my kilometer swim...

I did notice in the video they called them sausages when they ran them into the spinning blades.
    Last edited by Rich Engelhardt; 07-16-2023 at 11:53 AM.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hughes View Post
    Good one, Andrew
    < insert spurious quote here >

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    It seems to me that, at some point, just removing the human hand from the system would be the simpler solution.
    I think that the hand removal is what they are all trying to avoid... But seriously, the farther the hands are from the blade, the safer the operation so I agree with you and that's what I try to do by taking advantage of my slider, clamping, etc., whenever that's practical.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

At the risk of being argumentative, or obtuse, I thought that the "Euro- Slider", as we affectionately refer to it here, was an engineered solution to prevent the hands ever needing to be near the blade?
    I'm all in on making machines safer for use, and this looks like a nice safety system, but what is the function being performed that it is protecting against?
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Really like how blades are not damaged, there’s no costly cartridge to replace and no worry about cutting green wood/aluminum/plastic. Although I wonder if the additional cost of a video based AI system like this is within the reach of most home shops.

"Hand guard provides the user effective protection from accidents during all typical work situations."

Hmm. Overstate much?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    ....what is the function being performed.....?
    Rank stupidity

If there is even the slightest opening for a human to put a body part where it clearly has no business being put - put it will be, at some point, contortions be damned.

Lotta years, with many dozens of softwood remanufacturing plants and manufacturing plants, with several kazillion moving sharp things, all very well-guarded, and with serious and solid safety programs in place, and I now realize I have not seen it all, but many times I thought I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Wood View Post
    "Hand guard provides the user effective protection from accidents during all typical work situations."
    Not guaranteed, and not for atypical moronic actions
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    At the risk of being argumentative, or obtuse, I thought that the "Euro- Slider", as we affectionately refer to it here, was an engineered solution to prevent the hands ever needing to be near the blade?
    I'm all in on making machines safer for use, and this looks like a nice safety system, but what is the function being performed that it is protecting against?
    I'm doubtful that the sliding mechanism was invented for safety reasons. Rather its just a better way to move larger materials through thw blade. I've never bought the safer argument. They're only "safer" on operations that would not be that dangerous to start with, like large panels and crosscutting long boards.

Wow....120 reportable accidents per month in Germany with sliding saws. Germany has 1/4 the population of the U. S.