Thread: Rikon 14 inch bandsaw with Carter guides

Rikon 14 inch bandsaw with Carter guides

I've had these guides for some time without any trouble. I've changed the bearings a couple of times but when I put on a new blade I saw it was out of alignment. It looks like the blade guard may have been hit and twisted. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so, how did you fix it? I'm not able to find an adjustment on the Carter Guides that will correct it.

bandsaw one.jpg

Looks like maybe the lower guides need adjusting.

Jason may be correct. I would move both sets of guides totally away from the blade. Set the tracking where you want it on the top wheel then move the guides - I do top first but don't know if it matters so they're just barely touching the blade. IME trying to force a bandsaw blade to do something it doesn't want to do using the guides is like trying to force a cat to do something it doesn't want to do - good luck with it.

It ended up being the cube that fits inside the blade guide. The set screw that held it in place wasn't seated flat so when you held it in place and tightened it you could feel it twist ever so slightly. The further from there you got the more the error was magnified. I filed the screw slot out some and solved the problem.

I don't have any trouble getting the bandsaw to do what I want. And the cats don't seem to have any trouble getting me to do what they want.

I guess that puts my level of intelligence somewhere between a lump of iron and a cat ...