Thread: nail file and I was bored

nail file and I was bored

I have a small wart on my finger The nail file I have had worn out so I decided to use superglue to attach 180 grit paper to one side and 240 grit to the other of a disposable wooden knife
    I then attached 240 and 320 grit to the old wooden file and gave it to my wife

I am now probably the only person on the planet who has a Cubitron 11 nail file

maybe I'm the only person who often uses my #10 bastard mill file to manage my nails.
    < insert spurious quote here >

I have a shop file in my office drawer for my nails, Globe brand not sure which cut it is but it works well. Doesnt feel right to have nails but harder to pick some stuff up. LIkely both hands like the left hand of a classical guitar player.

A scrap of foam-rubber mousepad (remember those?) works well as a backer for the sandpaper and lets you get more nail per stroke.

Dremel/Ryobi/Rotary Tool with a sanding band and drum. I make my LOML squeamish when I use it on my toenails. Works great on any callous too.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

if you really want to get it done quick you can use the edge sander, of course you might removed your finger print if you slip up. Harry Hill old british cabinetmaker I know showed me a finger he said was cut off on the stroke sander when he reached for a part and hit the edge of the sanding belt. Hard for me to tell but it was crooked for sure around the last digit. He took my job when I left a place he was 83 at the time. He worked six hour days leaving early so he could get to the Pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Chance in Iowa View Post
    Dremel/Ryobi/Rotary Tool with a sanding band and drum. I make my LOML squeamish when I use it on my toenails. Works great on any callous too.
    I have a couple of the little USB rechargable mini rotary tools you can get on line. With a sanding drum they are great for foot maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Chance in Iowa View Post
    That's what my foot doctor uses. Of course it's connected to a HEPA filter system. A few years back, only set him back about a grand.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Deakin View Post
    I have a small wart on my finger The nail file I have had worn out so I decided to use superglue to attach 180 grit paper to one side and 240 grit to the other of a disposable wooden knife
    I then attached 240 and 320 grit to the old wooden file and gave it to my wife

I am now probably the only person on the planet who has a Cubitron 11 nail file
    BOOM! But I'm a 120 / 320 guy. 3M spray adhesive on both sides of Poplar strips, 1 1/2" x 6" x 1/8", put them under pressure in the vise, and I'm good to go for years.

Blog Entries
    Most of the fingernail files purchased over the last few years have been diamond sticks. One side rough, one side smooth.

They haven't been tried on any of my smaller blades.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)