Thread: Need some input on making the following built in

Need some input on making the following built in

Folks– I would like to construct something like the below on a long wall as a built in that protrudes from the wall (on top of the drywall) where one half of the wall has something like this but the other half would be a bump out for a linear electric fireplace with a tv on top and preferably finished with shiplap. I am looking for some guidance on building the below. I already know how to use pivot hinges and i am assuming I would need to use the same. I am a DIY homeowner. Could I use this forum to see some input?

Any help on this project?

Sorry, but could you explain more on what kind of help you're needing?
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Building large built-in cabinets is a big project, with loads of details to get right. Trying to tell you all about it in the short messages of this forum is difficult. I suggest you find a book about making cabinets. It should get you a long way along your project. Then you can address more specific issues here, and will be likely to get more responses.

Blog Entries
    Find a book or plan for something similar as a starting point. As a second step, set down and draw up some plans to scale either by hand or with a 2D/3D cad program. Work out your dimensions. Once you have some dimensions you can start looking at materials and determine your base line costs.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Some input when I post my design on approaches and options.

I am planning on posting my sketch up plan here and clarify.