Thread: Wanted: Vicmarc chuck

Wanted: Vicmarc chuck

I know it will be a long shot to find someone wanting to sell one. But looking for a VM120 with 1-1/4"x8tpi. Would love to have 5" jaw too

Thanks
    Ricc

Bump fpr the weekend crowd

bump to the top

You may already know this but timberbits in Australia always has a sale price on vicmarc chucks. You have to ship them but even with that expense its still cheaper that a US supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B Bennett View Post
    You may already know this but timberbits in Australia always has a sale price on vicmarc chucks. You have to ship them but even with that expense its still cheaper that a US supplier.
    Jeff, thanks for the recommendations. I went to their website to check it out. Their prices for the chuck with their 11% discount is $287 - so not bad. But the shipping is outrageous. I did their "calculate shipping" to me in Indiana. The only option that came up when I entered zipcode was for DHL express at $152.08. So they are not the place to buy at this time.

Ricc keep in mind the prices are most likely in Australian dollars. Buying one with shipping seems to come out marginally cheaper than in the US after currency conversion, but a larger order may have substantial savings (recognize you may only be looking for a single chuck)).

Not interested in buying a Vicmark chuck but went to Timberbits and checked prices. VM120 is $315 aus. Shipping to my zip via DHL is $152.00 aus. Or $467.00 aus = $311.35 US shipped. Maybe not such a bad deal after all.

yeah the price after currency conversion is the key. Still a good buy but shipping has gone up a ton since covid. I bought a couple of them a few years ago and shipping was a lot less. Still you save $20 or so bucks over a US supplier and you get the faceplate ring as well which is kind of cool. I'd never seen those before. They steel and fit in the standard dovetailed jaws. If you use a faceplate at all they are pretty handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Molaver View Post
    Ricc keep in mind the prices are most likely in Australian dollars. Buying one with shipping seems to come out marginally cheaper than in the US after currency conversion, but a larger order may have substantial savings (recognize you may only be looking for a single chuck)).
    Hey Josh, I am aware of the exchange rate issue. Unfortunately, I just don't need a large order.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B Bennett View Post
    yeah the price after currency conversion is the key. Still a good buy but shipping has gone up a ton since covid. I bought a couple of them a few years ago and shipping was a lot less. Still you save $20 or so bucks over a US supplier and you get the faceplate ring as well which is kind of cool. I'd never seen those before. They steel and fit in the standard dovetailed jaws. If you use a faceplate at all they are pretty handy.
    Jeff, Yeah the faceplate ring is interesting. But if I can't find a used one I would rather support a US supplier for what little price difference there would be.

It's been a couple weeks so one last bump.