Thread: Knockdown Roubo Bench $1200 obo

Knockdown Roubo Bench $1200 obo

I have a knockdown Roubo workbench for sale. It was made for me by Jason Barry from The Little Bench in Ontario, Canada.

I bought it a few of years ago with the intension of building it up myself. It is currently a kit of parts in the shipping crate and will need finishing, including cutting the mortises in the tops and legs to complete the bench. I had intended to fit it with a Benchcrafted leg vice and a Veritas chain vice at one end. Simply never got around to it.

It cost $1975USD for the kit of parts plus shipping costs to CT from Canada (not including the vice hardware - which has been sold already and is not included)

The bench is fully crated as it arrived from Canada, and I would be willing to rent a trailer and drop it off at a local freight terminal for shipping if required.

I would be looking for reasonable offers around $1200 or feel free to PM me to discuss if you are interested. Located in Ridgefield, CT 06877.

Specs & comments from Jason:

The solid White Ash Roubo...

Standard Dimensions: 72x25x3-9/16” x35H
    Design Addition: Tool Well - Final Width 31”
    Component Stage Build - Knock Down
    Cost: $1750.00

Front Leg Chop/Benchcrafted Vise
    Material: White Ash
    Dimensions: 33-3/4 x 8 x 1-3/4
    Cost: $65.00

End Vise/Full Width Jaw/Lie Nielson
    Dimensions: 34-13/16 x 4 x 1-3/8 ...2 Pieces
    Cost: $65.00

Breadboard End Blank/Full Width
    Dimensions: “To Be Determined”
    Cost: $60.00

You asked me regarding the requirements for the addition of a Tool Well. This bench has actually been constructed to allow for a 5-3/4” wide Sunken Tool Well. It’s a very popular modification my clients appreciate.
    The End Stretchers are constructed with Tenons complete to make a final width of 31”

A Tool Tray Blank can also be Supplied:
    Dimensions: 72x5-3/4x1”
    Cost: $35.00

The Split Top Dimensions currently:
    Slab 1: 72x12-3/4x3-9/16
    Slab 2: 72x12-3/8x3-9/16

All Additional Blanks supplied would be S4S and slightly over-sized for you to make final fit adjustments per your preference.

I hope this information helps you make some determinations David. It’s a stunning Component Roubo with gorgeous hand selected and crafted solid White Ash material.
    Last edited by David Atterbury; 07-07-2023 at 12:33 PM.

Hi David,

Do you have a link to Jason's website? I'm having trouble finding additional information or pictures online.

Best,
    John

Apologies, I forgot to add a picture to my original post. I do not seem able to edit my For Sale post, so I'll had a couple of pictures here from Jason.

He has an Instagram account on which you can follow to view more of his work.

I have also attached an ad from kijiji.ca (a Canadian for sale site, where I found Jason originally)...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-tool-storage...nch/1190334499

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpeg 
Views:	90 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	504076Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_59.jpeg 
Views:	94 
Size:	219.6 KB 
ID:	504077Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_59 (2).jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	145.3 KB 
ID:	504078