Thread: My dog

My dog

Woodworking is a passion in our family. I realized that when I was walking my dog.

There we were in the woods, and he was demonstrating Mark-A-Tree.

My dog would do that too when we walked in the woods behind my house. Me, I wasn't that particular - I didn't have find a tree.

Oliver doesn't mark trees or fire hydrants or anything. He was, um...neutered...at an early age (4 mos) and that tends to make for a lot less leg-lifting. He does mark the grass, however.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim, my dachshund Oscar is the same way. He doesn't mark anything, and very rarely lifts a leg. He hunches forward when he goes. I think it might be becase he was neutered early (6 months) and he grew up with a couple of other female dogs. He is almost 5 years old now.

FS Biff.jpg

Probably more appropriate in the levity section, but the dogs are mentioned here...
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Meyer View Post
    Jim, my dachshund Oscar is the same way. He doesn't mark anything, and very rarely lifts a leg. He hunches forward when he goes. I think it might be becase he was neutered early (6 months) and he grew up with a couple of other female dogs. He is almost 5 years old now.
    We've been told by our trainer as well as a few other sources that early neutering tends to minimize the "leg lift" method...which is fine because it keeps him away from the poison ivy that's on so many trees along the walkways in the area. LOL
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."