Thread: Online Woodturning stores

Online Woodturning stores

Hi All,

I’m going to visit the US in August and always want to buy tools that may be cheaper there than Canada. What are some of the good woodturning sites to visit? I’m probably looking for small things like a face shield, longer tool rest and maybe a roughing gouge.

thanks!

Luis, where are you going to visit? That would be helpful to make recommendations.

If in the Salt Lake, Utah area, Craft Supplies, obiviously.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Keep in mind that your Candian dollar is worth $.76 in the US.

Left click my name for homepage link.

All of them in the United States?

There are many. If you want a respirator style mask look at the powercap sold by Peke Safety. One of my favorite purchases.
    Robust or Advancedlathetools are good sources for tool rests. Robust will also customize the post length if needed. A source for modular round rests is bestwoodtools.
    Spindle roughing gouge: D-way or Carter and Sons have the beefiest with their round solid tang. They are heavy, making them great for branchy spindles.
    All other chisels: Thompson Tools or D-way.

We’re visiting Florida in the Fort Lauderdale / west Palm beach area

Woodcraft and Rockler have stores in Minneapolis and St Paul. Hunter tools are made here and carried locally.

Nothing wrong with Florida other than it's getting kinda peopley down here these days. That said, 8,000 new residents per week is certainly keeping our construction industry booming.

I personally have never found any wood working stores down in the Fort Lauderdale / West Palm Beach area, but there are Rockler and Woodcraft stores in the Tampa, Orlando and Jacksonville area. And there is a small store called Black Water River Tools in Pensacola. I'd be interested to know about any you find down in SE Florida though for the next time I'm down that way.