Thread: Rockwell-delta bandsaw renewal

Rockwell-delta bandsaw renewal

After a long wait, I was finally able to purchase a 14" R-D bandsaw, 28-200 ser. #76501, which I tore down to do a complete, badly needed over haul. Everything has gone well except.... finding a source for the elusive 'vintage' upper & lower wheel bearings. If anyone can point me to a source where I can purchase a set of quality bearings, or, if necessary, is there a 'work-around' I can use so I can get the rest of this pile of parts back together and put it to work in my shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

After Covid and due to my age (78) & some relatively mild health issues, I have retired from commercial cabinet & furniture work. At the beginning of this year, after a lot of thought ( and strong encouragement from my wife who didn't want to have to worry about getting all my heavy machines out of my basement shop if I passed first) I realized I would probably never use them again, and agreed that I would sell off all those heavy machines. I also realized I couldn't just sit around with nothing to do, and probably driving her crazy. I pointed out to her the reasons she allowed me to put my shop in the basement in the first place. She would always know where I was, doing something I liked, and out of her hair. So, I ended up getting the big stuff out, but replacing some of it with much smaller machines that could be more easily carried out when the time came.
    Paul

If it's an older saw with extended inner race bearings you need 87502 for the top & 87504 for the bottom, two of each. Also a couple of 6200-2rs for the blade guide thrust bearings. These are all readily available either from a local bearing supply house or on-line. Expect to pay $60 - $75 for all six.

You can try R&D Bandsaw in Canada https://tufftooth.com/. They sell lots of hard to find parts and are extremely helpful.

another fantastic resource here in Canada is https://stockroomsupply.com/
    Last edited by Brian Cargnelli; 07-05-2023 at 1:38 AM.

Congratulations, nothing better than having a piece of good old made in America BS in shop. Manuals can still be found by googling. Well your on professional level so you know how use BS and repair.
    Last edited by Carroll Courtney; 07-05-2023 at 9:26 AM.

Iturra design. Mr Iturra knows more about those bandsaws than most anyone and stocks lots of parts. You have to call him on the phone 904-642-2802. -Howard

I have totally rebuilt an old 15" Rockwell drill press, an old Delta 15" planer, a PM 60 8" jointer and an old Delta 12-36 lathe out of a woodshop class. Also an old Delta 14" bandsaw and an old Delta 10" bandsaw. Put new bearings in all the motors too. In every case there were numbers on the bearings that crossed to current bearings. I have a standing account with Accurate Bearing out of, I think, Ohio. Been doing this the last 25 years (I'm 76) and Accurate Bearing is my go-to source, never failed me yet. Hope this helps, good luck. Randy PS my next rebuild project is a PM 20' bandsaw that I picked up recently.
    Randy Cox
    Lt Colonel, USAF (ret.)

This thread should help you out. But the bottom line is, as John said, the 87502 is what you need.

https://www.owwm.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=216554

If you're looking for a supplier, Accurate Bearing (mentioned in that thread), is a favorite of OWWM. I've ordered from them without issue.