Thread: Moxon / Dovetail Vise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for all the feedback. I think I’ve talked myself into just adding a front apron and twin screw vise to my tall bench. As mentioned my new bench is a little over 33” high and my other bench is around 37”. A twin screw on that approximates the same height as adding a moxon to the other one and I can get greater opening distance and won’t have to store it.

Tanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback. I think I’ve talked myself into just adding a front apron and twin screw vise to my tall bench. As mentioned my new bench is a little over 33” high and my other bench is around 37”. A twin screw on that approximates the same height as adding a moxon to the other one and I can get greater opening distance and won’t have to store it.

Tanks again.
    I have a tall bench at 42” as I am 6’6” tall. And it has an apron and a twin screw so in my humble opinion you, sir, are a very smart man! The apron with a twin screw end vise was my dream setup and I honestly can't say that things could be better.

The capacity of my vise is whatever length pipes I put in. It can probably in excess of 4’ long pipes, which is nuts. The pipes I have in there right now give me a capacity of about 2ft, which is still nuts. But it did come in handy a few times.
    bench1.jpgbench2.jpgbench3.jpg