Thread: Drop down shelf

Drop down shelf

Good afternoon everyone. I am looking to find a pullout shelf or slides that drop down at the end of their travel. I have and outdoor kitchen on my fifth wheel trailer. It has a griddle mounted on some drawer slides. The problem is its pretty high up. I would like to find some type of pullout that I can drop down when fully extended. I have been unable to find such a product. Anybody have any suggestions?
    Any and all help is appreciated.

Mark

You want to use the griddle when it's vertical? I don't understand a drop down shelf. Drop down doors are common. Search for barrister bookcase hardware.

look for a heavy duty keyboard tray mechanism that mounts under a desk - pulls out, swivels left/right, moves up/down, and tilts.
    got some pics of the unit i have - it's really heavy - slides out on a track with bearings. it's the craziest thing but there is no name on it anywhere - although instructions on all the movements.
    hope this helps
    jc
    pic 1 - the large flat plate is attached to the underside of the desk/platform - tray carrier extended - which is where the platform would be attached.
    pic 2 - underside of the mechanism - also extended
    pic 3 - side view of the unit closed - platform retracted.
    pic 4 - instructions

hope this makes some sense
    Attached Images Attached Images
    jerry

Look for cabinet hardware designed for ADA compliant kitchens. They have shelves with brackets that pull out and down, so they are accessible to people in wheelchairs. I'd guess the hardware won't be cheap.

We just replaced the grill in our yard that has two of the shelves you described. If they are bolted to the sides and can be removed from the cabinet they may be what your looking for, I will check and get back to you with the details.

OK some further info. Imagine a box that is 20" wide by 15" deep by 3" high. It rides on 2 full extension drawer slides. I want to once the drawer reaches full extension to be able to drop the box down 3-6 inches. I hope this provides a clearer picture.