Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carpet install, am I being unreasonable in my expectations (venting)

They showed up.
    In today's screwed up world, that puts them miles ahead of the competition.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    They showed up.
    In today's screwed up world, that puts them miles ahead of the competition.
    I had a contractor tell me one time the secret to his success:
    1. Show up on time
    2. Do a good job
    3. Clean up when you're finished.

Mikw
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Mike - sadly in today's world - items #2 &#3 have become optional and # 1 has to be modified to the point that "on time" is very loosely defined.
    I have to wonder why services and trades people even bother to have cell phones since they never seem to use them.
    It amazes me that, in a world where you can carry around with you the means to communicate with almost anyone on the face of the planet, how bad communication between people has become.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    It amazes me that, in a world where you can carry around with you the means to communicate with almost anyone on the face of the planet, how bad communication between people has become.
    The Law of Unintended Consequences
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

The bathroom remodel has drug out way beyond what was promised up front. I am keeping my mouth shut and letting my wife deal with the plumber. She never had a contractor do work in her house or her dad's house growing up, too poor.
    She is getting her eyes opened up and I should be able in the future to have a lot less complaining about how long i take to do something.
    On the other hand we had our rood replaced a month ago. They were 6 weeks behind promised date due to storms coming through damaging roofs that got priority. We were informed about the delay. They showed up on the new date, did the roof in one day, very nice workmanship, hand nailed 50 yr dimensional shingle, cleaned up perfect.
    Ron