Thread: Router Lift for a Bosch 1617.

Router Lift for a Bosch 1617.

What should I get?

My present setup is a Woodpeckers plate with a Milwaukee 5625-20 in a dedicated router table.
    The Bosch will either share that space or go into a table saw extension or possibly a new pretty Spartan and simple table.
    I do plan on keeping the big Milwaukee - the Bosch is for hand held and table use.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Obvious question is "why not get another woodpeckers" ?

The 1617 is a common tool so most lifts will fit it either natively or with an adapter sleeve. Last fall I got Rocker's fancy router table package with their "Pro" lift and have been happy with it. Rockler also has a mama-bear sized lift that natively fits the 1617.

I have mine in a JessEm Router Lift II mounted in my table saw extension table. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    Obvious question is "why not get another woodpeckers" ?
    While I love my Woodpeckers stuff....they cost an arm and a leg.
    I know from reading a lot of posts here and at Router Forums that there are a lot of well liked lifts that are more affordable.
    BUT - the Woodpeckers is still in the running. If for nothing else = it can share the insert rings & the MDF template for making the cutout.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Caught a "too good to pass up" Prime Day deal several years ago on a Jessem Mast-r-Lift...Incra version with their magnetic inserts. No experience with anything else, but can't imagine i'd be any happier. Those magentic inserts make it easy and quick to put the right insert in, instead getting by with something that was close enough to get by. Would buy that lift again at full retail price if something happened to mine--not many things i'd do that with.

I have a 1617 in a Kreg lift and am satisfied with it.

Well - Amazon had a super price on the Jessem II this morning ($219) so - I have one on the way.
    I did read some mention that the Woodpeckers inserts I have might fit it. We'll see if that's true.

I've got one of my Bosch 1617 routers installed to a Kreg table with Kreg router lift. I have no complaints. My other is on a mini table using the Bosch supplied plate as the top of the table.
    David

20210712_005618_resized.jpg20210712_005626_resized.jpg20210712_005632_resized.jpg

10. Quote Originally Posted by Earl McLain View Post
    Caught a "too good to pass up" Prime Day deal several years ago on a Jessem Mast-r-Lift...Incra version with their magnetic inserts. No experience with anything else, but can't imagine i'd be any happier. Those magentic inserts make it easy and quick to put the right insert in, instead getting by with something that was close enough to get by. Would buy that lift again at full retail price if something happened to mine--not many things i'd do that with.

My thoughts exactly; Mine is in a Rockler phenolic table that I've modified with drawers and dust bucket (box) It's a pleasure to use.