Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: omga miter saws.. who is buying these?

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Gelman View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXhm67OPcvc&t=186s

Great demo of the Omga at 6:45 on this fantastic video. What is not shown is the OMGA with clamps, and I think the clamps with foot pedal is a great option. Nice how OMGA makes clamps that are low profile that attach to the saw so that you can. clamp close to the blade on both sides. With the clamps you do not have to even touch the wood when making the cut. Super safety feature.
    hey thanks joel. since filming this a number of years ago, i got a new fence (automated tiger stop), and mac's clamps on the OMGA. the clamps are indeed great - but, i didn't feel i could do the foot pedal given the tripping hazard and flow in my shop. if my saw was tucked away a bit more, i think that's a superb option. i'd love a photo of your setup, it might inspire further improvement.

2. professional cabinet shops are buying these. They last forever and are very accurate. My shop uses a Dewalt and I dread having to cut miters.

there's also CTD saws which seem to be just as good, We have the omga at work after replacing a few dozen aluminum saws

Wadkin Bursgreen, Stromab, Graule etc are still making top tier radial arm saws that work at the pinnacle of accuracy and precision.

https://www.scosarg.com/graule-model...-for-aluminium

https://www.scosarg.com/stromab-us11...-arm-saw-zm292
    Last edited by brent stanley; 06-28-2023 at 7:18 AM.

Hi David,

I emailed you 2 short video clips of the Omega clamps being used. one focuses on the clamps and the other is farther back showing the foot pedal. I guess Sawmillcreek does not support video clip uploads, only images and links to video clips. If that is not the case, and someone can guide me, happy to upload here. I really do not do instagram and all that. I am attaching a screenshot. I setup a dual dust collection with the main collection using the port on the saw but a secondary collection as shown. That gets in the way when not at 90 degrees (95+ % of my cuts) and so I can use the mag switch to get it out of the way when doing miters.

Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 4.38.29 PM.jpg

When I purchased my MEC 300 20+ years ago for my cabinet shop, I built a steel frame that my 4' infeed and 8' stop side tables are mounted. At the same time I purchased from Maya Positioning, 2 guide rails and 2 Rigid Posi-Stop Model 2. The whole setup works so well that in 20+ years I have had no issues with accuracy. My saw has been discontinued many years ago but parts are still available, I had to replace the on/off switch recently.