Thread: Works As Advertised!

Works As Advertised!

Most products only begin to live up to the advertising hype. Not Easy Off Heavy Duty Oven and Grill cleaner. Bought a big can (24oz) at HD last week. I have an antique (1980's) gas grill from Sears that has a Little Suzzie griddle in it. Grill always covered in grease, because on a griddle you are basically frying. Removed top and griddle from grill, and sprayed them with Easy Off cleaner. Waited a couple minutes, and rinsed with power washer. Looked like new! Today, did the oven in kitchen stove. Spray, wait three minutes, and wipe clean. Not connected with Easy Off, only a satisfied customer. When it comes time to repaint pig cooker, I will be prepping it with Easy Off to get rid of grease that would prevent paint from bonding.

Hmph....grumble, grumble, grumble......man says 1980s "antique" & here I am of 1950s era....

I'm glad your EZ Off worked - but - show a little sensitivity man!

LOL! Just kidding..
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

A friend of mine used easy off in her oven and then she had an allergic reaction that her husband had to call 911. They said she almost died.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Hmph....grumble, grumble, grumble......man says 1980s "antique" & here I am of 1950s era....

I'm glad your EZ Off worked - but - show a little sensitivity man!

LOL! Just kidding..
    I'm a 47 model! How many people have a 35+ years old gas grill? This was back when quality meant something. Grill body is cast aluminum, and burner is CAST IRON, meant to last. Grill has outlasted Sears.
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 06-25-2023 at 12:39 PM.

The furnace in our house tried to kill us several years ago, back when it was my parent's house and I just worked here; one day while working we all started getting light headed, my mom got a headache... I started sniffing around the furnace and I thought I could faintly smell gas. Soapy water found no leaks in the gas lines... I shut the gas off anyway, then disconnected power to the furnace and tore into it... Found the cast iron burn chamber had a big crack above one the the burners, which was letting burner exhaust enter into the blower-side of the chamber, slowly filling the house with C0...

Got a new furnace, and a new appreciation of the fact that nothing lasts forever that day...

That all said, I actually have something to add that's on the Works As Advertised! topic---

"Super Slick Slick Stuff"-- spray-lube, comes in a red white blue can, got it at Lowes-- and it is EXACTLY as its name says. Never seen anything better for hinges, locks, anything that needs a little lube. Highly recommend itl Makes WD40 seem about as slippery as water...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Bruce, I hear you about stuff built to last from back in the 1980s.
    My fat brother-in-law worked for Columbia Gas back then and when we had our house built in 1986, he fixed us up with a natural gas grill and installed it on our back deck for us.
    Same deal - built like a Mack truck & made to last.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Easy Off is basically (pun) sodium hydroxide (lye), so yeah it will eat your lungs out.
    < insert spurious quote here >

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    The furnace in our house tried to kill us several years ago, back when it was my parent's house and I just worked here; one day while working we all started getting light headed, my mom got a headache... I started sniffing around the furnace and I thought I could faintly smell gas. Soapy water found no leaks in the gas lines... I shut the gas off anyway, then disconnected power to the furnace and tore into it... Found the cast iron burn chamber had a big crack above one the the burners, which was letting burner exhaust enter into the blower-side of the chamber, slowly filling the house with C0...

Got a new furnace, and a new appreciation of the fact that nothing lasts forever that day...

That all said, I actually have something to add that's on the Works As Advertised! topic---

"Super Slick Slick Stuff"-- spray-lube, comes in a red white blue can, got it at Lowes-- and it is EXACTLY as its name says. Never seen anything better for hinges, locks, anything that needs a little lube. Highly recommend itl Makes WD40 seem about as slippery as water...
    You have no CO2 detectors in your house????