Thread: Fs - ln 140 rh bronze

Fs - ln 140 rh bronze

I had two of these and just sold one last week. I had planned on keeping this one and actually acquired a replacement box from LN along with paperwork that is for a nickered 140 (this one is NOT nickered) so that my heirs would have a box for it! But, I have since acquired a Veritas skew block plane that should work for the minimal use I need from it.

These are presently unavailable at LN. The listed retail 2 weeks ago was $385, plus shipping and tax. Last week LN listed a few iron 140s and increased the price on both models. The price for the bronze 140 is now $450, an increase of $65 and there is still an extended delay - From Thomas Lie-Nielsen - "We are very much aware of the fact that many of our customers miss our Bronze tools, like the No. 4. So do we. During the pandemic our long-time supplier of larger Bronze castings became unable to fulfill our requirements, a situation which now is clear will not change. Meanwhile, other Bronze foundries are too busy to help us, so we are working on a solution that we believe will bear fruit. Among other things, we need to re-tool every casting pattern plate, install new equipment to handle operations the previous foundry provided and get the casting process worked out to our satisfaction."

From conversations with folks at LN it seems that the in-house foundry project is taking more time than expected, so it may be several months before it is up and running. The 140 is neither in Core Tools nor Core 2 tools. I suspect there will be a lot of catch up on the other bronze planes and parts before this plane is produced again. So, a new one delivered would be close to $490 if the price doesn't increase again in the following months.

On eBay prices range from ridiculous to absurd, depending on the day of the week, the condition, and how many folks are craving one. In any event, this one is in excellent condition and the price is $350 shipped - FIRM.

IF THEY EVER BECOME AVAILABLE at LN, that is near $140 cheaper than a new one. Payment via Zelle or personal check. If this one doesn't appeal to you, then you may want to consider joining the fray on eBay!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140-1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	181.5 KB 
ID:	503034   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140-2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	503033   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140-3.jpg 
Size:	221.2 KB 
ID:	503031   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140-5.jpg 
Size:	226.4 KB 
ID:	503029   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140-4.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	225.5 KB 
ID:	503032  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140-6.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	229.1 KB 
ID:	503030  

Left click my name for homepage link.

Sale is pending. Sold!!
    Last edited by John Keeton; 06-20-2023 at 1:47 PM.

Left click my name for homepage link.

these adds listing almost decoming short stories.