Thread: Corel help again

Corel help again

My corel acts really weird some times and does not do what I think it should do. for example virtual delete tool sometimes takes out the line I want other time it does not. any way I'm trying to fix this and nothing I do works any ideas here . I'm trying to get the left side to match the right side. I traced it lopsided

big T.cdr
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 06-17-2023 at 2:35 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    My corel acts really weird some times and does not do what I think it should do. for example virtual delete tool sometimes takes out the line I want other time it does not. any way I'm trying to fix this and nothing I do works any ideas here . I'm trying to get the left side to match the right side. I traced it lopsided

big T.cdr
    OK after 2 more hrs of playing around I think I got it, whew!
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Can't be grouped for one, and you have to have the item selected. I've found I sometimes have hidden white or multiple layers that makes me look like an idiot
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Bert
    Every now and then it's not a bad idea to insert your Corel cd and do a repair.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

good suggestion thanks
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I realized at some point that tracing an entire symmetric image was (more than) double the work needed. First, you are tracing both sides and then you are tweaking them to get a good match. Easier to just trace one side, copy and mirror it, position the two halves to form the whole, tweak the two meeting points' slopes if needed, and weld them together. Depending on your version of CD, you may have the Symmetry Drawing mode available to make it even easier.

Make sure you have Object Manager displayed at all times. This should help. Tools, Object Manager should have a check mark next to it.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

never thought of that thnx just tried it and it worked pretty good
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 06-21-2023 at 5:25 PM.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander