Thread: Rangate lift table

Rangate lift table

Hey folks,

I'm considering getting a lift table for my shop, and have researched Felder, Barth, and recently discovered Rangate. Not much out there that I can find about Rangate, though I see that they used to sell the Barth, and now offer what seems like their own table.

Wondering if anyone on here is using a Rangate lift table, and if so, how the build quality compares to Felder and/or Barth.

Thanks in advance --

Ned

If you have the space consider a 4 by 7 foot motorcycle air lift table.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    If you have the space consider a 4 by 7 foot motorcycle air lift table.
    Definitely don't have the space for that!

Harbor fright has a lift table. The hydralic ones can leak down and lose height not the screw actuator ones.
    BilLD

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Harbor fright has a lift table. The hydraulic ones can leak down and lose height not the screw actuator ones.
    BilLD
    Yup. I've had the exact thing happen. The hydraulic ones definitely leak and lose height.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

The engine hoist at the school shop had a metal brace to keep the boom up. Not really strong enough to support much weight but it would prevent the boom from sinking down under it's own weight overnight.
    Bill D

What will you use the lift table for?

Two pieces of scrap plywood will keep the HF hydraulic table height up forever.

Blog Entries
    I have the Rangate lift table -- it is super strong, locks well, and stable. I built a top for it along the lines of the RUWI top. I love it!

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....red&highlight=

I bought the Felder after the Rangate rep couldn't give me any valuable reason to spend more on theirs. I like the Felder a lot.
    JonathanJungDesign.com

I have two of the HF hydraulic tables in my shop. One 300 pound model I use for my mini lathe and a 700 pound one that my large heat press occupies. My air powered 7 by 4 foot air lift table is often used just to hold stuff off the floor until I have a major project underway. I have also found it handy for working on machines like lawn mowers, UTV's, an occasional welding job and for feeding lumber into my wood planer. The pics below are my air lift table in 2 by 7 foot mode. I can ad two one by seven foot extensions for the 4 by 7 foot mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 07-25-2023 at 11:16 AM.