Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: easy-to-remove double sided tape

I've had good success using the blue painters tape (easy to remove) on each piece and using a little superglue between the tape on each side.

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE
    I use a tape that holds like iron, this stuff. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    In woodworking using dbl side tape it has to have a great hold to be safe and effective.
    When it is done and time to remove I use a putty knife with a sharpened lead edge . Get it started just a bit under the joint and slowly pry up. You will get a result that looks like little progress, Go deeper and repeat. It will take a little technique but the tape will let go . Every inch you raise leaves less tape to pull up.
    ALSO using super strong tape simply reduce the amount of tape you use.
    The table legs below were cut with a router template that was held down with the tape mentioned above .The tape was applied about 1 inch long in 3 places and held like iron and still made removing the template (luan plywood) quite easy. It worked on 4 sides on 4 legs .
    calabrese55

table leg.jpgIMG_20221223_142838.jpg
    Let your hands tell the story of the passion in your heart

Blog Entries
    Another Spectape user here. The secret to easy removal is to not let it set too long. Double tape, do your operation, and remove the tape.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Jones 5443 View Post
    Yes, that could be a risk, one that I want to avoid. In my search I found this:

https://www.amazon.com/XFasten-Doubl...a-569646549279

Says it's optimized for woodworking, including routing with a template. Here's the hype:

• Silicone-based adhesive allows the double stick woodworking tape to be stable yet removable, residue-free and not damage the wood’s delicate surface, EMPOWERING the AVERAGE AMERICAN WOODWORKER to produce NEAT and PRO projects.

Anyone hear of it or use it?
    This is all I use, both for templating/furniture building and CNC.

Jim, something I've wondered about: why use painters tape instead of regular masking tape? I'm going to try it on my CNC and see if there is any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Chenoweth View Post
    Jim, something I've wondered about: why use painters tape instead of regular masking tape? I'm going to try it on my CNC and see if there is any difference.
    You can. "Regular Masking Tape" and "Painter's Tape" are essentially the same thing "in general". The blue tape does come in multiple adhesion levels, so you want the version(s) closer to what "regular" plain masking tape provides, not the easy release version. (I forget the color coding)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...