Thread: WTB: black Corian scraps

WTB: black Corian scraps

I'm looking to buy solid black colored Corian. Must be actual DuPont Corian, as I have had some solid surface material of another brand that was not hard enough. I use it to make nuts and saddles for guitars and banjos. I've got enough left for a few more months but I don't know how hard it will be to find more so I'd like to buy some any time. One sink cutout would last me for several years, or I am also happy to buy small pieces. If it's possible to cut it up to fit in a flat rate box that would be great, or if not that's fine too. I've got lots of bone color, but end up using black more often. Thank you very much.

I have some black Corian but I will have to look in my barn today to see how much is left over from a recent project and get back to you.

Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it.

I was thinking solidsurface.com but their smallest pieces may still be too big for your purposes. Hmmm I just went to their site and got an
    "Error 405 Not allowed". Dunno what's up with that.

I remember getting a notice a while back that they came out with several new "blacks", so you might have to be careful what you ask for to get what you want. I haven't bought any for years, but am still on some sort of list.

I got the error message yesterday too, and eBay didn't have any, though that's where I bought it before. I had some speckled black Corian before the solid and it was OK but I had to go over it with a Sharpie after shaping, so solid black is handier.

About that error message. My default browsing setup is Firefox on Ubuntu, that along with a couple add-ons gives me pretty good control over what scripts are allowed to run. That gave the above error message so I tried going to their site on a phone. That worked fine. I then tried Vivaldi a Chromium based browser. That worked as well.

While on solidsurface.com I did check on black corian. They had it but not in the quantities you'd be interested in, they were like half sheets to full sheets.

Thanks for checking on it. I think even a half sheet might last me for the rest of my foreseeable life, though I guess that wouldn't be a terrible thing if I could find a spot to store it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Black Corian.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	150.5 KB 
ID:	502893

This piece is 27" by 10 and 7/8" half inch thick solid black.
    This is all I have except a full sheet of black with a light gray speckle.

I'm sorry, I missed this last night. I'd like to buy that piece, it looks like it would make a lot of the size blanks I need. Just let me know how much to pay and how to send it. If you feel like cutting it into smaller pieces to make packing easier that's fine with me, or shipping it whole is fine with me too. Thank you very much.

No charge for the Corian, just pay the shipping.
    I will get a Flat Rate box and let you know before I cut the piece.

Sooner or later I know I will find a large stack of small pieces that I saved from this sign job. Since I make pens on occasion I rarely throw away small scraps and I know tht I saved all of the window cutouts from this project.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16156_KeithOutten_AllstateDirectory.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	502953
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 06-18-2023 at 8:42 AM.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.