Thread: Single handedly moved a 3520 out of a basement today

Single handedly moved a 3520 out of a basement today

I was willed a like new Powermatic 3520 from a great, long term friend who passed away. All my other friends are about the same age as me, (70) and one had a hernia repaired last year, and another gets his surgery soon. So I asked around and was able to borrow an amazing machine. A battery powered stair climber dolly. I even used it in the basement like a crane to lift the bed and remove one leg and then the other. So next time you wonder about moving machinery, find one of these and remember even a 70 year old can move 700 pounds by himself! https://www.powermate.info/powermate_handtruck_le-1

I learned about those dollies from this video by Ernie Conover https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFFixTVDFtg&t=334s about moving a Oneway 2436 out of a basement. Far better than the brute force and ignorance I relied on in my youth. Good on you, Richard!

Too bad it doesn't show him actually using the lift dolly.

There is a YouTube icon on the left side of the page that provides several videos.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I had a 600lb safe installed and the guys had one of these. Slicker than stewed oysters!
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

I have a brother that had a HVAC company before retiring and used one of those to move equipment in and out of the basement. Very impressive to watch in operation and allows a man to multiply his strength and reduce the chance of injury.