Thread: Garage Door Rollers

Garage Door Rollers

I'd like to replace the rollers on my 35 year old garage doors. The doors are Wayne-Dalton and the rollers measure just under 1 7/8". Would it be okay to put 2" rollers on?

I'd like to put the nylon rollers with sealed bearings, but can't find the exact diameter.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

You may have to reajust the stops but that is do able

1 7/8" is a pretty common size, is there another dimension you're having problems finding?

After reading the product description closer it's actually 1 13/16 diameter. Remeasured the rollers I have and they're spot on. Don't know why Amazon advertises them as 2 inch.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Bruette View Post
    I'd like to replace the rollers on my 35 year old garage doors. The doors are Wayne-Dalton and the rollers measure just under 1 7/8". Would it be okay to put 2" rollers on?

I'd like to put the nylon rollers with sealed bearings, but can't find the exact diameter.
    Maybe obvious, but check to make sure the 2” rollers fit in your existing track; not only diameter, but ‘tread width’ too. If buying just the roller, will they fit on the existing stand-off (bracket): axle/bolt/thread/etc.?

There should be ample adjustment in the track mounts to deal with the difference in roller diameter.

Lowes has a section with garage door parts including the quiet rollers. At least you can handle them there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Lowes has a section with garage door parts including the quiet rollers. At least you can handle them there.
    Two hour round trip to Lowes and one and a half to Home Depot. Amazon is easier.