Thread: Laguna 3000 Series 14 SUV Bandsaw Switch Wiring

Laguna 3000 Series 14 SUV Bandsaw Switch Wiring

Hello all,

Hopefully someone out there has this saw and could potentially help me out with some reference wiring. I removed the contactor switch assembly from my bandsaw (Laguna 3000 Series 14 SUV), and did not bother to mark the wires as I knew the wiring diagram was in the users manual. As I reconnected the wires, one of the connection points does not seem possible with the set up of the contactor. I did buy this saw second hand, but I'm sure it's the original switch assembly and have seen the saw start up normally. I'm unsure as to where to go from here. I have a good basic understanding of electrical theory and the operation of the contactor, but the thermal overload and wiring of the start switch are throwing me for a loop, especially considering I cannot match the "stock" wiring configuration. At this point, I feel my only hope is finding someone who completely understands the working theory of the contactor, switch, overload protector, and brake microswitch or a working model that I can copy from.

Additional bit of info- it does not turn on with the start switch, but it will turn on when manually depressing the contactor plunger. So, I'm sure the correct power is running through the main contactor/thermal protector, but obviously, the switch is not wired correctly. I have attached the sole photo I had upon removal of the switch assembly just so you can see the set up. Any advice is welcome.

Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images

Voltage and single or three phase. Sounds like single phase with the start winding controlled by an external switch?
    How many wires come out of the motor. Two plus ground or three plus ground?
    My first guess is the stop button is dusty and is open, not closed.
    Bill D
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 06-12-2023 at 10:15 PM.

See page 56?
    Bill D.

file:///Users/lydiadufour/Downloads/Laguna%20bandsaw.pdf

I can open mine when I get home tonight if you need it.