Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

5 Jun 2023

Greetings,
    I hope this finds each of you doing well. I managed to get enough help to help me pickup and put in my shop a used cabinet style tablesaw and a nearly new stroke sander. Now I need to pipe them in and do a bit of electrical work. Spent time with family and plenty of time spent on the day job. Nothing else new from me.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Dennis, those tools will be nice additions to your shop.

Newsflash...I actually did some woodworking this past week! LOL I started on a simple but interesting project of creating an eating table top for use on our enclosed three season porch that will live on top of the reclaimed beam base I had from the old property. The project is using slabs from a spruce tree that was taken down next to our old property and milled in late 2021. There's a build thread in Woodworking Projects. This project also inaugurates use of my TrueTrak slab flattening system and creates the situation that I really have to do a complete shop cleaning now. ROFLOL That project will continue this week.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Have entirely demolished the cottage bathroom "remodel"- nothing worth keeping including concrete slab over slab with wood inclusions. A pebble shot up during jack hammering, under the glasses & narrowly missed my eye, making a small wound just below.

Some progress on benches, & a trip to the beach with a bit of stone work.

IMG_4211.jpgIMG_4215.jpgIMG_4198.jpegIMG_4170.jpg

Spent most of the week in a stupor, from meds for pinched nerve in my neck. Been off them for over a week now, but effects are still there. No driving, or power tools for me. Wife has to be in the room for me to use the electric can opener. Finally got soil mixed and tomatoes planted in self wicking pots. Saturday night had Sunday School class social, desserts and salads. Ate way TOO MUCH, but enjoyed every bite of it. Definitely no wood working for me, till effects of meds wear off.